Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tokio Joe


I had always wanted to try this place out but didn't have the chance as I had always dine somewhere else at the end of the day.. Located in Nikko Hotel, Tokio Joe serves a various of Japanese food..


Dominated by the wood, it has a modern Japanese style dining area..


I like the decoration here, they use lots of sake bottles on the rack as a decoration..

Let's into the food part..


We had a fusion sushi Handsome Joe (80K) for our entree, which consisted of tempura shrimp in the middle and the rice wrap topped with a generous crunchy tobiko.. It was fresh, delicious, and satisfying..


I am so into udon recently that I get craving for it now, I ordered a Beef Curry Udon (120K), thinly sliced beef simmered with potatoes and veggies in curry gravy poured over udon.. The sliced beef was so soft and generous.. The portion was too big for me, so I shared it with E..


The udon had a nice chewy texture.. It's such a hearty, comforting, and delicious hot meal in a bowl.. I just love this thick, flavoursome curry gravy..

And yup I know the price here is pricey, I would say quality comes with a price.. But, back at that time when we came here, we were lucky to get 50% off from RBS promotion, such a good deal yaa hehe.. Overall, Tokio Joe is a good place to dine for a fine Japanese cuisine..


Tokio Joe
Nikko Hotel
Lobby Mezzanine 2nd floor
Jl. M. H. Thamrin 59
Central Jakarta
Tel. (62 21) 3918993

No comments: