Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Nan Xiang Steamed Bun Restaurant

Being a La Mian (pulled noodle) and Xiao Long Bao (steamed bun) fans, I was excited to try Nan Xiang Restaurant which is the most famous Xiao Long Bao eatery from Shanghai..


The menu looks promising.. They have many variation of La Mian, and beside this La Mian menu they also have Chinese ala carte and several dim sum menu..


Situated in Senayan City lower ground opposite to Oh La La Cafe, and the interior is modern style dominated in black colors..


Spacious and casual dining area..


We were served a Glazed Nuts (8K) while waiting for our food after the ordering.. Nothing is free here, I thought it was a complimentary at the first time hehe..


Firstly, we ordered Chicken and Shrimp Xiao Long Bao (28.5K), steamed xiao long bao stuffed with minced chicken and shrimp.. It tasted so so only nothing good or bad..


I was craving for something soupy so I ordered Rica-Rica Chicken La Mian (36K), la mian soup topped with chunks of spicy rica-rica chicken.. The soup was mildly spicy.. I think this la mian variation is already adapted to Indonesian taste, I'm not sure I can find this la mian in Shanghai hehe..


While E opted Lamian Pak Pao (36K), stated as eight treasures la mian which came with a generous mixed of ingredients; tofu, nut, shrimp, minced chicken in gravy sauce ..


For me the noodle are delectable soft but not springy.. The gravy was enough to coat every single strand of la mian.. The saucy noodle was just so enticing..

The food was pretty decent but nothing is really remarkable, but I think that is still a value for money dish.. Nice to try..


Nan Xiang Steamed Bun Restaurant
Senayan City - LG L10B
Jl. Asia Afrika Lot 19
South Jakarta
Tel. (62 21) 72781621

No comments: