Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aji-Tei @ Singapore

Yup.. I haven't done with Singapore's food post yet.. So, let's we continue shall we? As I said before there are many Japanese restaurants around Singapore, and these restaurants not only specialized in Japanese foods but also in Japanese desserts.. When it come to the desserts, Japanese really has a passion of it.. They create the dessert so fancy, delicate, colorful, and also healthy way..


So when I still in Singapore, why don't I give it a try? And this time I took my mom to try it in Aji-Tei Japanese Cuisine & Dessert House in Takashimaya..


We were looking at the menu and we can't decide what to eat, it's hard to choose.. All is good, so colorful, and look delicious.. The pictures on menu really tempt us to try everything! haha..


Aji-Tei has a pleasant environment with the minimalist black furniture..


My mom ordered this Matcha Parfait (SGD 7.80), it includes the yummy goodness of red bean paste, cornflakes, jelly, whipped cream, matcha ice cream, and mochi.. The ice cream itself is very creamy, smooth, and light.. It's a blend of bitter green tea and sweet milk.. This parfait had a rich matcha flavor and was very delicious, I love anything matcha flavor haha.. Trust me it tasted good as it looked!


Next is my Anmitsu (SGD 4.80), is a Japanese traditional dessert made of small cubes of translucent jelly and served with red bean paste, mochi, glutinous rice balls, and slices fruits of peach and orange poured with sweet sauce..


This restaurant is not only serve Japanese desserts but also varies Japanese cuisine, so we also try their Ebi Prawn Tempura (SGD 10.80), deep fried prawn in tempura batter..
The tempura was pretty good, the prawn was sweet and fresh.. In fact it was so crunchy that you can hear the crackly bite..

I think Aji-Tei is a decent place to enjoy a wide variety of Japanese dessert and cuisine in Singapore.. I just wonder whether this Aji-Tei is the same as Aji-Tei Restaurant in Pacific Place? Hmm I'll find out later when I visit Aji-Tei in Pacific Place hehe..


Aji-Tei
Japanese Cuisine & Dessert House
Takashimaya #B2-02
Singapore



No comments: